Tuesday, November 04, 2008

One More State, PLEASE!

I'm finally feeling confident about Obama's victory, after weeks of paranoia. But solon says we can't pop the champagne until one more red state turns. Pray for another state, bloggers, pray.

On the serious, this is a really moving night, isn't it? I remember seeing Obama's convention speech in 2004 and feeling so inspired. solon and I were in on the ground floor of this thing and I can't believe it's actually happening.

The future's so bright.

3 comments:

Oxymoron said...

Yes, the '04 speech was great.

I was watching a election special on PBS last week. Some of Obama's early supporters were saying that that speech was one that they had heard many times before from him. They said they just had to chuckle watching it delivered on such a large stage that night.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I was that show, too. Wasn't it part of his state race stump speech?

Oxymoron said...

Yes, I think it was, Megs.

It was an interesting show, yes? What I found most interesting was the fact that McCain was on the verge of switching parties at one point. But then he realized that he might have another chance at the presidency. So he decided to make a mends with Bush and co. He met with Rove and others and basically made a deal whereby he would support Bush.

So what's funny is that he supported Bush (95% of the time) in order to have a second shot at the presidency, but it's that very support/alliance that cost him the election.