Wednesday, November 05, 2008

A new chapter in their history books

As a teacher, an academic, and a parent, here is one thing I find most exciting about the historic events of last night: Supadisco-T, Wild Man, Oxy-Toddler, Sweet Toddler J, P-duckling, Lion Cub, and the Woof Almighty will all have a new chapter of American history to learn about. One that I, as a scholar of African American literature, honestly wondered if I'd see in my lifetime. I am so excited about what we can tell our children now, Situationers, so excited.

5 comments:

supadiscomama said...

I love that our kids will probably take it for granted (at least a little bit) that a person of color or a woman could be president. So cool.

BTW: "Woof Almighty?" I love it!

M said...

I love that too, Supa.

Anonymous said...

Toddler J has begun calling herself Jeezy. So I take this opportunity to rename her Young Jeezy. She is clearly already beyond the color divide. Cheers to that continuing as she gains consciousness of what they divide meant.

supadiscomama said...

Young Jeezy. Sweet.

M said...

Well, at least Jeezy is better than Ouizy! I'll let Wild Man know about the name change.