Tuesday, January 22, 2008

How the Race Was Lost

The perfect example of a representative anecdote as this statement summarizes the campaign by Fred Thompson:
"Today I have withdrawn my candidacy for President of the United States. I hope that my country and my party have benefited from our having made this effort. Jeri and I will always be grateful for the encouragement and friendship of so many wonderful people."


Fred, gone so soon? We hardly knew you. Really. And that effort: did you ever finish higher than third in a primary? Did you even reach the coveted number three position?

1 comment:

harrogate said...

Good riddance is an understatement here. Harrogate was relieved that Fred's "campaign" wound up making Kerry's 2004 "bid" look vigorous by comparison.

Perhaps more than any candidate, Thompson embodied the unholy social, economic, and military triumverate otherwise known as the Reagan Coalition.

He was Rush Limbaugh's favorite.