Sunday, October 19, 2008

Finally!

Thank you, Colin Powell, for this statement on Meet the Press:
I'm also troubled by not what Senator McCain says but what members of the party say and it is permitted to be said. Such things as, 'Well you know Senator Obama is a Muslim.' Well the correct answer is he is not a Muslim. He is a Christian. He has always been a Christian. But the really right answer is what is he is. Is there something wrong with being Muslim in America? There answer is no, that is not America. Is there something wrong with some seven Muslim-American kid believing that he or she can be president? Yet I have heard senior members of my own party drop this suggestion that he is a Muslim and that he might be associated with terrorists. This is not the way we should be doing it in America.
While I'm thrilled that Powell has endorsed Obama, I'm even more excited about the fact that somebody has finally had the balls to say what needed to be said. In a previous post, I gave Obama a tip of my hat for touching upon this issue, but Powell has really done it justice here:

1 comment:

harrogate said...

That is really wonderful, Harrogate is rendered happy both Colin's commments and by your discussion of it.