Thursday, October 23, 2008

Happy Thursday Music Tribute; Or, Don't Judge Me Because I Like This One Better

When Solon was in town a few weeks back, I rode with him and Harrogate to a local bar. A discussion of Beatles covers ensued. Generally speaking, we agreed that most fall short of their originals.

Here is one I prefer, though. It's a cover of "If I Fell," performed live by Adam Levine of Maroon 5. It's a beautiful song. For me, the cover works better than the original because the slightly slower tempo and stripped arrangement make it all the more intimate.

2 comments:

harrogate said...

Harrogate finally listened to this, just now. And he agrees it is better.

Interesting, because this was never a Beatles song that Harrogate liked very much (a rarity, that!), but this version really brought out its lyric simplicity and beauty.

Well done, Oxy.

M said...

I love it.