Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Taking Time for Unmitigated Joy: Double Decker Wednesday Musical Tribute

Two Great songs by Cracker. Harrogate's been listening to a lot of them lately.

The first song he dedicates to the continuing canonization of Andrew Marvell. Who perhaps more than any important male poet ever, would have appreciated the following lines:

What the world needs now is a new Frank Sinatra
So I can get you in bed.
What the world needs now is another folk singer
Like I need a hole in my head.




This next song, of course, has got to be one of the five greatest beer drinking songs to emerge from the 1990s. With all deference, Harrogate sends it out to Alaskan Governor Sarah Palin.

2 comments:

paperweight said...

Wow that is eerie you posted this musical tribute, as I was just veggie to Cracker in my office. This is the third reference to Cracker that I have come across this week. I guess great minds truly do think a like!

harrogate said...

Indeedy! A great band fit for any mood, guaranteed to set the foot a tappin', flush the cheeks, straighten the back, turn the frown upside down, and as always, to whet the appetite for cold beer.