Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Why Radiohead is still the best band,,,,

Over at Radiohead Remix you can download the separate stems (vocals, guitar, drums, bass, strings/fx) for the band's new single, "Nude," and remix the song yourself. As well as mixing, you can add new beats and instruments to the song. The stems are available also through ITunes.

If you'd like, you can upload the song on a MySpace page (until May 1st) where listeners can judge the new remixes. You can listen to the top ten remixes here.

Now, if you will excuse me... I have some work to do.

2 comments:

Oxymoron said...

A few months ago a vocal track of David Lee Roth singing "Running with the Devil" surfaced. It's the same cut that made it onto Van Halen I. It deserves a listen on it's own.

But more to the point: since surfacing, the track has been mixed with other recordings, creating some fun and interesting songs. I will post two of my favorites on the main page, instead of in this comment section. As a Beatles fan, Solon, you might like the first.

solon said...

When I found out about this, I immediate thought about what other songs I would love to have the opportunity to mix.

Just flip through your favorite songs in your mind... after listening to them forever, are there some minor edits you could do to improve them?

What songs would you choose?