Saturday, April 05, 2008

Love Affair With A Song

Sometimes a Song that you knew about for a while just grabs ahold of ye all over again, and just refuses to let go. When this happens you can be assured it is the circumstances of your life that in some way have converged with the Song and mandated a taking of the stock. A revaluation. A renewed appreciation for what is possible. "You dance like a flame in midair."

All falls into place, things open up. You rediscover the world, and yourself, through the Song. Spring has sprung, the grass has ris. Harrogate wonders where the flowers is.

Such is Harrogate's current experience with the Ween song, "Buenos Tardes Amigo," a song he has long respected, but which he has now fallen into with what can best be described as Dionysian abandon. Other than Hendrix renditions of "Star Spangled Banner," nothing else has been able to suffice lo these several weeks.

Now, Harrogate realizes of course that Readers, and even fellow Situation Board Members, sometimes skip these musical posts altogether and wait for the next insight regarding politics, religion, formal Rhetoric, Pro Wrestling, and the like. But Harrogate implores all within the reach of this here keyboard, to take a swim in this song. The water, as they say, is fine.

Harrogate dedicates this installment to North Carolina. Who is still playing.



Buenas tardes amigo
Hola, my good friend
Cinco de mayos on tuesday
And I hoped wed see each other again

You killed my brother last winter
You shot him three times in the back
In the night I still hear mama weeping
Oh mama, still dresses in black

I looked at every fiesta
For you I wanted to greet
Maybe Id sell you a chicken
With poison interlaced with the meat

You... you look like my brother
Mama loved him the best
He was head honcho with the ladies
Mama always said he was blessed

The village all gathered around him
They couldnt believe what they saw
I said it was you that had killed him
And that Id find you and upstand the law

The people of the village believed me
Mama... she wanted revenge
I told her Id see that she was honored
Id find you and put you to death

So now... now that Ive found you
On this such a joyous day
I tell you it was me who killed him
But the truth Ill never have to say

Buenas tardes amigo
Hola, my good friend
Cinco de mayos on tuesday
And I hoped wed see each other again
Yes, I hoped wed see each other again
I hoped wed see each other again

No comments: