Thursday, March 06, 2008

Here's a random thought

Most or all of us at the Situation are dissertating--some of us are finished, witness Southpaw and paperweight, and others among us are close to finished, such as Ms. Reads and Solon. The rest of us, however, are in the midst of the process if you will. I just had a random thought: perhaps if we expended as much energy writing our dissertations as we do responding to one another on the Situation we would all be much closer to being finished. I for one am quite certain I'd be further on my current chapter than I am. . . I think I'll go work on my dissertation now.

3 comments:

Southpaw said...

I would certainly be much closer to tenure! :)

Or, more immediately, finished grading this stack of essays.

paperweight said...

So your telling me I should be preparing my job talk or should be grading? Were is the fun in that?

Anonymous said...

I, for one, have written more dissertation since I joined the blog than before... in the ballpark of thirty pages or so. Thanks, Situationers!