Thursday, September 25, 2008

"Well, it certainly does..."


Watch CBS Videos Online

My office is next to people in the English Department and the Art Department. Therefore, I have PhDs in English and Art. I just have sooooo much experience in those fields because of our proximity to one another.

If you need me, I will be at the bar. I would look on the floor.

Update: In a bizarre and uncharacteristic moment of humanity, at this point in time, I do hope that someone cancels the Vice Presidential Debate next Thursday. It would be tragic for her to step on stage and discuss almost anything, Moose hunting is the exception. Her stupidity is moving me toward pity.

John McCain, you have made one of the worst choices in the history of politics. Senator McCain please respect Sarah Palin by replacing her as your VP choice. Senator McCain, please respect the American people enough by no longer lying to them and by follwing your campaign slogan, i.e. put your country first, for once during this campaign.

If you show enough kindness by allowing her to return to Alaska I will promise you that I will not attack her replacement, Mitt Romney. Is it a deal?

4 comments:

Oxymoron said...

I wish I could take it back. I wish I could go back and not watch this clip, Solon.

It's the worst one yet. And I'm uncomfortable just watching it. She knows she's out of her league, and just wants out of there.

I kinda feel sorry for her. It's true. She doesn't need to be where she is right now.

M said...

It's painful, and it's clearly painful to both Palin and Couric. I think Oxymoron is right: she's knows she's out of her element. But here is what I don't understand: why did she say yes?

One more point: while I'd love to see McCain replace, I don't see how he can without ensuring that he loses the election. I'd have a lot more respect for him if he did; note, I still wouldn't vote for him. But I think to Republican voters it would be like saying "I can't even pick a good VP the first time; how do you think I'm going to do running the country?"

And finally one more point: Palin could have stood a chance a national politics in the future--i.e. Senator for Alaska. And, although I don't agree with most of her policies, she does seem to have done some positive things reforming that state's government. But now, if they lose, and God willing they will lose, she's screwed. She likely won't even get re-elected as governor. I really am beginning to feel sorry for her.

M said...

And another thing: it almost as if she's giving Katie Couric a geography lesson. Alaska is right next to Russia, Katie. Didn't you know that?

The Roof Almighty said...

One wonders if she thinks she will understand her duties and role when she is at the debates...because she will be standing near a real vice-presidential candidate.

Sure, one who thinks that president Roosevelt could have been on Tv during the Depression...but still one who is running for reasons more substantial than "I know basic trivia about the borders and major exports of my home state."

Hell, I know the major borders and exports of Albania (thanks, Cliff!), but I know better than to run with that.