Thursday, February 14, 2008

Eve Ensler, Jane Fonda V-Day Clip

Harrogate's third hat-tip of the week to Shakespeare's Sister, who is
delighted with Jane Fonda's utterance of the word "cunt" on the Today Show.



Lots of social conservatives of the Brent Bozelle "titillate-while-decrying" school will be affecting outrage over this. We'll keep an eye out for 'em.

UPDATE: Harrogate initially missed the part of McEwan's post involving Meredith Viera's subsequent, on-air apology for Fonda's diction. Are we on the verge of another "Wardrobe Malfunction"-esque, Rhetorical Typhoon that sucks all other cultural discourses into its greedy vortext? Time shall tell.

7 comments:

M said...

I love, love, love, love it!

solon said...

Such vulgarity. I cannot believe you posted this.

Womyn everywhere must be offended...

:P

Oxymoron said...

I know I'm offended, and I'm not even a woman.

supadiscomama said...

See you next Tuesday


;)

Larry Kelley said...

Here in Amherst, Massachusetts our HIGH SCHOOL is going to perform 'The Vagina Monologues' tomorrow night. And No, School officials are not going to issue an apology for allowing a teenager to scream the C-word in public. Yes, this is the same High School that in 1999 became the only entity in history to ban a production of 'West Side Story'. Now you know why I call my Blog "Only in Amherst!"

supadiscomama said...

People.com (yes, I still check out the tabloid sites) published Eve Ensler's response to the hoopla:

"Why is there a buzz about that when there's no buzz about the word 'rape' or 'plutonium' or 'clusterbomb'?"

Excellent questions, I think.

dirtyword.net said...

get jane fonda's favorite word right now on t-shirts, hats, buttons, mugs, stickers, magnets, mousepads, and more at http://fonda.dirtyword.net