Thursday, December 07, 2006

End of the Semester...

As I sit here and try to finish out the end of yet another semester, I am left wondering: If I were not in academia, where would I be and what would I do?

As of right now, I have two answers:

(1) Book store owner. There is a little book store on the port side of Galveston that seems to be, for me at least, that book store that has almost all of the books that I care for.

(2) Photographer/ Photojournalist:

What would you want your non-academic career to be?

5 comments:

harrogate said...

Outside Academia Harrogate would love to be

1)Making a real living doing Live Theater;

2)Working in Print Journalism covering a Major League Baseball Team, traveling with them, etc.

Anonymous said...

I would also love to own a little bookstore/coffee shop (Malaprops in Asheville, NC is my Fave model of this). And I've joked on several occasions about running a luxury boarding kennel after I retire :)

p-duck said...

I would work with animals as a veternarian or zoologist or trainer (I don't know, something fun with animals).

OR write travel books to sell in Solon & Supadiscomama's bookstores.

Oxymoron said...

Pastor at New Life Church in Colorado Springs.

Amy Reads said...

*waves hand wildly*

1) Novelist
2) Professional Book Reviewer (a la NYT Book Review or something)
3) Bookstore/coffeestore owner
4) gifted high school student teaching of some kind
5) Professional film/food critic
6) Historical researcher for Hollywood films

Almost all are versions of what I already do, no?
I'm rather predictable...
Ciao,
Amy