Saturday, July 05, 2008

The Pop Culture Beat

Greetings, Situationers, from the shallow reaches of my brain. Having just completed a chapter and shipped it off to the adviser, I regale you with two tips from my vast array of recent pop culture findings:

1. Time arrived in our mailbox today and the cover story is about Mark Twain: "How he changed the way we view politics, Why he was ahead of his time on race, What his writing can teach America today." I'm not a Twain scholar, nor am I a scholar of America in that era, but the article and sidebars were interesting in a sweeping news magazine sort of way.

2. If you loved Lisa Loeb back in the Reality Bites days--and who didn't--check out her kids albums, Catch the Moon and Camp Lisa. Sweet Toddler J is obsessed with the title track on the first album (below), along with "Jenny Jenkins," which is only available as a single. Enjoy:

2 comments:

solon said...

Roll, Jenny Jenkins Roll....

M said...

Congrats on sending the chapter to the adviser! If this week goes as planned I'll be sending one to mine too. . .