Tuesday, July 01, 2008

"It's clothes you want to have, clothes you want to keep"

Christian Dior

Apparently, French designers are doing a little gender-bending in their current collections. The quote cited in this post's title is attributed to Lucas Ossendrijver (designer for Lanvin), whose collection boasted these little gems:

"A black silk puff-sleeved blouse was worn over a T-shirt encrusted with black beads, while accessories included lace-up sandals and crinkly straw hats laden with thick ribbons."

Hmm...I think I've seen something like this before--about 15 years ago:

Who knew Jerry was so fashion forward? Of course, Kramer saw the potential in this look right away. But Kramer was a true Renaissance man--a fact so beautifully seen by some potential buyers of his portrait:
Woman: I sense great vulnerability.
Man: I see a parasite, a sexually depraved miscreant.
Woman: His struggle is man's struggle.
Man: He is a loathesome, offensive brute--yet I can't look away.
Woman: He transcends time and space.
Man: He sickens me.
Woman: I love it!
Man: I love it, too!

2 comments:

solon said...

Oxymoron owns that shirt. He eats pancakes in that shirt.

harrogate said...

Harrogate pronounces the following unironically:

In context--given the Rhetorical Situation, as it were--that painting of Kramer is one of the truly high productions of our recent popular culture.