Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Assy McGee Reprised

Here is another video, movingly entitled "A Salute to Assy (asshole)"



The song, "I'm An Asshole," written and performed by the great Dennis Leary, is truly ingenious. A lyrical snippet:

I use public toilets and I piss on the seat
I walk around in the summer time saying "how about this heat?"

Im an asshole (hes an asshole,what an asshole)
Im an asshole (hes the worlds biggest asshole)

Sometimes I park in handicapped spaces
While handicapped people make handicapped faces


Many excellent comments follow this video on the You Tube Page, by the way. The first one sums up Harrogate's very feelings on the subject:

Assy McGee. I didn't believe it when I first saw the ads, and perhaps I still don't believe. But a cop drama about a talking ass that shoots people is, without a doubt, the pinnacle of human artistic creation in my opinion. Genius. Hilarious. Love this show.
(Harrogate's emphasis, borne out of love for the wording)

No comments: