Monday, March 17, 2008

Supa's Back!

Um, hooray?

I've been blissfully unaware of U.S. politics and other news for 9 days, and I feel so free! Of course, now I'm totally lost. I guess I'll need to catch up on the Situation. London was great fun, but I'm glad to be home (gasp! GLAD to be in Texas? Yes.). Clearly, I'm still on London time, as I'm posting this at 4:45 a.m. Ick.

A bit of fun: I was riding the Underground with three of my students, on our way to the Tower of London, on Saturday. We shared our car with four Irish football/soccer fans who were on their way, I assumed, to a game. They were wearing their bright green jerseys, and one was wearing and green and white wig. Wig-man decided he wanted to interact with the Girls from the States, so he removed his wig and put on a George W. Bush mask, which he happily plucked from his bag. One of my companions (a very outspoken girl) said to him, "We all hate George Bush." He removed the mask and then entertained us with (fake) stories about his visits to the U.S. Upon getting off the train, he gave us his business card. Awesome.

More later.

5 comments:

Amy Reads said...

Huzzah! Supadiscomama is back!!!
Ciao,
Amy

Oxymoron said...

Business card? Clown?

Welcome back!

M said...

I'm so glad you're back and that you had fun! I can't wait to catch up.

supadiscomama said...

Right--apparently he's the "chairman" of the South of England Northern Ireland Supporters' Club ("more than just a pi$$-up by the seaside!")

Anonymous said...

Yay for the world-traveling Supa! We missed you!