Saturday, March 22, 2008

Sigh....

Yes, this is a Senator Clinton, "What were you thinking" post. On the campaign trail, Senator Clinton mentioned that, as First Lady, she went on a mission to Bosnia and, when landing, her plane was under heavy sniper fire. It appears that someone found some news footage of the landing and the sniper fire. Um, well, without the sniper fire but there was a killer rabbit with huge, sharp teeth and beady, little eyes.



Regardless of whether or not you are for or against Senator Clinton, it is a funny clip. Maybe this is footage of another landing or something. But please know that the Clinton campaign pulled her recent remarks about the Bosnia landing from her campaign site.

Sinbad, yes the bad comedian, was on the Bosnia trip as well. Even he discussed the good Senator's comments about the Bosnia landing. According to The Washington Post:
Threat of bullets? Sinbad doesn't remember that, either.

"I never felt that I was in a dangerous position. I never felt being in a sense of peril, or 'Oh, God, I hope I'm going to be OK when I get out of this helicopter or when I get out of his tank.'"

In her Iowa stump speech, Clinton also said, "We used to say in the White House that if a place is too dangerous, too small or too poor, send the First Lady."

Say what? As Sinbad put it: "What kind of president would say, 'Hey, man, I can't go 'cause I might get shot so I'm going to send my wife...oh, and take a guitar player and a comedian with you.'"


At least there is some humor in this.

No comments: