Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Another ode to the recently departed...

UPDATE: Not thinking about the load times when I posted. I have removed the longish clip. You can, however, find it...well I was going to say here but YouTube is down for maintainence. Will link when it comes back up.

Disclaimer: I am no fan of Chris Matthews or Hardball.

That said, I must say that I enjoyed watching him and Paul Hackett destroy recent Republican Congressional candidate, Van Taylor. For those of you not in Texas, Van was the Republican's attempt to de-seat Chet Edwards (the only Democrat to survive the Republican re-districting of Texas prior to last election.) As this longish clip shows (8-9 mins), Van had all of the talking points down but was all hat and no cattle.

Paul Hackett, you may remember, was the Iragi War veteran who nearly upset Republican, Jean Schmidt in a special 2005 election in Ohio and in hindsight could have probably beat her this year had he not gotten greedy and ran for Senate--losing in the primary to now Senator-elect Sherrod Brown (D-Ohio).

No comments: