Friday, November 28, 2008

iPhone is the New Blog; or How I Learned to Stop Worrying (About the Cost) and Learn to Love the iPhone

Noticed the lack of blogging from our household this holiday? No, it's not the food coma that we're ostensibly in. It's the iPhones that have descended upon us. I admit, I had serious buyers' remorse immediately after the purchase. I wasn't even planning on buying the damn thing, but it was cheaper than the other QWERTY phones I was looking at.

Now, though, I'm hooked. You know the commercial for the App that tells you what song is playing? Got it. The one that's like a slot machine for restaurants? Check. Crabby kid stuck in line? Turn on Youtube. Running to the store to get more garlic salt on Thanksgiving? Oh, wait, it's an iPod, too.

Have you people played with one of these? You really should.

1 comment:

M said...

Frankly, I don't think you could pay me to have an iphone. As you well know, C's ipod touch is permanently affixed to his hand, so I can only imagine how much he would annoy me with an iphone. And one of the things I like best about living in CU Land is that no one, other than C to tell me he is on his way home, ever calls me on my cell. I'm glad you and Solon are enjoying them, but I think I'll make it through life without one.