Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Why I Love Gwen Stefani (and why I hate her just a little bit)

I'm a great fan of Gwen Stefani's music (both solo and with No Doubt), and I love her style. As a kind of response to P-Duck's most recent post, I thought I'd add another reason: she actually gains a normal amount of weight when she's pregnant! Unlike some celebs, who try to gain as little weight as possible (dubbed pregorexia by the media), Gwen lets her belly and her baby grow!


At the same time, though, Gwen also ended up looking like this after her first baby:

Granted, she probably worked out like a madwoman and was hungry a lot of the time (breastfeeding doesn't burn that many calories, ladies). I have "no doubt" that Gwen will be baring her famous abs at some point after the birth of baby #2 as well. Good for her. I will eat an extra slice of pizza on her behalf--and I won't run an extra 5 miles to burn it off!

P.S. Kingston is totally Supa-T's long lost twin! Gwen and I should be BFF :)

1 comment:

AcadeMama said...

I'm telling you, the second baby is the "debil" for some women! She may very well get back to her "normal" shape and size, but I bet it takes longer than it did the first time.

One celebrity I've admired for the way she's spoken about her post-baby body is Courtney Cox. Several months after having her daughter and returning to her pre-baby weight, she explained to an interviewer that she still had a "baby flap." Despite getting back into her old clothes and weighing the same as she did pre-baby, she acknowledged the changes to the body that sometimes come with pregnancy and childbirth, changes that just can't be reversed. She spoke of her little flap with pride and a smile, and I wish more tabloids and interviewers would focus on women like her.