Friday, June 13, 2008

File this under: Who is in charge over there?

I logged on-line this morning to check out the weather in Boston, and I was greeted by this headline: "Fox refers to Michelle Obama as 'baby mama.'" The article questions whether this is just clueless on the part of Fox News, as it is an inaccurate use of the term, or racist (it doesn't question whether or not it is sexist, which I find a bit odd, as I would argue the term is both sexist and racist). I don't think stupidity can be an excuse for a major new network, but I'm sure that is what Fox News will plead.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yes, sexist and racist.

you know, my thought when I saw the story was that with Clinton off the map, the racism is going to start flying. interesting that they started with Michelle Obama, though.