Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Wednesday (that's right, Wednesday!) Musical Tribute

When Harrogate reflects on the relationship between the following glorious drinking song, and the TRS Board Members, his thoughts turn naturally to Paperweight first, because Harrogate knows DAMN WELL that Paperweight has loved this song for a long time, even though he and Harrogate have never spoken of it.

But the song certainly casts a broad net. Chances are high that this song has a special place in the hearts of p-duck and m, for example. And perhaps even if you caught him in the right mood, Roof Almighty would admit that this is indeed the "perfect country-western song."




"Well I was drunk the day my mom got out of prison;
And I went to pick her up in the rain.
But before I could get to the station in my pickup truck,
She got run over by a damned ole train!

And I'll hang around as long as you will let me;
I never minded standin' in the rain.
And you don't have to call me 'Darlin,' Darlin:
You never even called me
(I wonder why you don't call me),
Why don't you ever call me by my name?"

3 comments:

AcadeMama said...

ahem...forget a certain conversation we recently had??

harrogate said...

Harrogate HAD forgotten, Academama, and for that he of course apologizes profusely.

He happily acknowledges your knowledge of Coe's Rhetorical Power. And BTW. There is a Song for you and the Sooners coming, the day of the big game.

p-duck said...

perfect country and western song...