Friday, May 16, 2008

More Good Folkin' Music

Jealous of the Colbertian Tip of the Hat that M and PW recently earned for introducing Harrogate to Feist, I am compelled to offer a musical libation of my own.

Below is a live clip of John Martyn, a Scottish singer-songwriter from the '70s, singing "May You Never." Many know this song by way of Clapton, who covered it on his Slowhand album. I prefer Martyn's version.

Martyn celebrated some mainstream success early in his career, but his contributions are often overlooked today. I highly recommend his 1973 effort, Solid Air.

2 comments:

paperweight said...

You know it is getting where I am really digging the acoustic sound. To hear the stroke of the cords is just a pleasant sound--will have to check this out on the old B&Ws sometime down the road.

Oxymoron said...

You will dig it, sir.